Bread of Life
Bread of Life is a community response to hunger. We serve the people of Ogle County and the Meridian School District, providing groceries and personal needs items, and also offering a meal to those who come for assistance.
We serve our guests with dignity, warmth, respect, and love.
Our service is borne out of our faith in Jesus Christ and our desire to love, serve, and bless our community in His name.
We open our doors on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month, from 3 to 5 pm.*
Bread of Life began in 1999, when a group of friends became aware of the needs in our region and began distributing sandwiches at a local park. As their awareness of area needs increased,and as their relationships with those in need deepened, this group of friends approached their church about hosting Bread of Life.
Bread of Life succeeds because of individuals and organizations that assist in giving.
Area churches, businesses, schools, organizations, families and individuals all contribute to Bread of Life.
We are also a distributor of the USDA Emergency Food program commodities, which are available for those who qualify for this program.
Valley Covenant Church is grateful to be the hosting church of Bread of Life.
* 2nd Tuesday only in December.
There are many ways that you can help…
• Volunteer your time. There are plenty of jobs to do from planning and preparations to serving on ministry days (2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month).
• Help unload the truck when foods are delivered by Northern Illinois Food Bank the first Tuesday of every month. (Call the church office to confirm the time.)
• Conduct a food drive in your neighborhood or school to help keep our shelves stocked.
• Give monetary donations to help with expenses of the program.
• Pray for those in need in our region.