Bread of Life is a community response to hunger. We serve the people of Ogle County and the Meridian School District, providing groceries and personal needs items, and also offering a meal to those who come for assistance.We serve our guests with dignity, warmth, respect, and love.
Our service is borne out of our faith in Jesus Christ and our desire to love, serve, and bless our community in His name.
Are you in need?
We are here for you. We are open on the 2nd Tuesday of the month, from 3 to 5 pm.
Bread of Life succeeds because of individuals and organizations that assist in giving.
Area churches, businesses, schools, organizations, families and individuals all contribute to Bread of Life.
We partner with the Northern Illinois Food Bank (Feeding America) which allows us to purchase bulk quantities of food at a substantial discount.
We are also a distributor of the USDA Emergency Food program commodities, which are available for those who qualify for this program.
Valley Covenant Church is grateful to be the hosting church of Bread of Life.
* 2nd Tuesday only in December.
There are many ways that you can help…
• Volunteer your time. There are plenty of jobs to do from planning and preparations to serving on ministry days (2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month).
• Help unload the truck when foods are delivered by Northern Illinois Food Bank the first Tuesday of every month. (Call the church office to confirm the time.)
• Conduct a food drive in your neighborhood or school to help keep our shelves stocked.
• Give monetary donations to help with expenses of the program.
• Pray for those in need in our region.